You might be worried that you’ve lost your money. Well, It’s not so. In this article, we come with straightforward methods to clean the bottom of your shoes. Let’s learn how to clean bottom of shoes to look new.
Are you the one who always stays conscious about his impression? You always have just 30 seconds to make a first impression. And your shoes will play an essential role in deciding your first impression.
Your Shoes are something that people notice first in you. It’s a famous perception that you can tell everything about someone through their shoes.
So, you should be conscious of selecting shoes. Moreover, you might find it very difficult to choose the right shoes in a pool of shoes in the market. And you end up buying shoes that you don’t like after using them once.
Now, you want to change those shoes. But the problem is that you can’t exchange them because their bottom gets dirty after walking. Obviously, you can’t return dirty shoes to the shop. Neither the shop will accept dirty shoes.
How To Clean Bottom Of Shoes To Look New?
Not interested in your recently bought shoe pair and want to replace it. Don’t worry; you can follow these ways to learn how to clean the bottom of shoes to look new. It might be magical for you to make your shoes new, right?
Let’s come to the main course to make your shoes look new.
Hack#1 Use detergent and baking soda
This is one of the simplest methods that you can use to clean the bottom of your shoes. The best thing is you would find everything in your home.
What you need:
- Baking soda
- Old toothbrush
Follow all the instructions step by step to get the best results:
Remove large bids of mud:
If your shoes are filthy and have large pieces of mud and dirt, clean them first. Otherwise, cleaning the bottom may take time.
- Slapped your shoes outside the house to remove all the loose mud pieces.
- Use a knife or sharp tool to scratch the mud from shoe grooves.
- Use an old toothbrush to remove all the loose dirt. Don’t use a brush with steel bristles. It may damage your shoe stuff.
Make a mixture of baking soda and detergent:
- Take a plastic pot
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda and two tablespoons of detergent into it. Never use a bleaching agent containing laundry detergent.
- Start adding water dropwise. Keep adding water until the formation of paste.
Apply the paste onto shoes:
- Choose an old toothbrush.
- Apply the paste gently on the bottom of the shoes.
- Start scrubbing the shoe with a brush gently. It’ll start pulling off the dirt. Cleaning in a circular motion can be more effective.
- Soak the brush into lukewarm water and repeat the same process.
Use a dry and clean cloth to clean the mixture:
- Take a separate clean cloth or sponge.
- Wipe the mixture from the sole
- Soak the cloth in clean lukewarm water
- Clean the sole again with a wet cloth
- Clean the sole once again with a dry cloth. And see if the cleaning is up to make. If not, repeat the process.
Hack#2 Use vinegar
Now it’s time to move to the second hack that will leave magical results. Vinegar is an excellent cleaning agent. There’s no need to have a brush for scrubbing; a clean cloth is enough.
What do you need?
- Clean cloth
First of all, scrub off all the loose dirt from the shoe bottom. You can use the same method as discussed in the first hack.
- Take an old but clean cloth and pour the vinegar onto it.
- Scrub the cloth dipped in vinegar on the shoe bottom.
- After scrubbing, use water to clean the shoe bottom.
- Your show will start sparkling. If not, repeat the process to get the desired results.
Hack#3 Soak the shoe bottom in detergent
Have you got hard to remove the stain on your shoe bottom? Do you think you can never get rid of them? Well, nothing to worry about. You can try soaking your shoe bottom in the detergent. Soaking the shoe bottom in the detergent can remove all the stubborn stains. Additionally, it’s one of the most effective methods.
What do you need?
- A small pan
- Detergent or dishwasher
Fill the pan with water:
- Find a pan compatible with your shoe size.
- Fill the water into the pan up to which your shoe bottom can soak. Keep in mind that putting the shoe in water will raise the water level. So, fill a less amount of water than required.
- Make sure water should not touch the upper part of your shoe.
Add dish detergent into the water
- After adding sufficient water, add a small amount of detergent. Water alone can’t remove all the stains. So, detergent is essential.
- Mix it thoroughly in the water.
- If your shoe sole is white, you can also use bleach. It’ll make your shoe look better.
Soak the shoe sole
- Soak the shoe bottom in the detergent.
- Leave it soaked for some time. The dirt will start loosening up. If the stains are too stubborn, leave the shoe soaked for up to 15 minutes.
Scrub the shoe bottom
- Use a soft brush with detergent water to scrub the loosened dirt.
- Repeat the process until your shoe sole is twinkling.
- If you’re using bleach, ensure glove-wearing to avoid irritation.
Hack#4 Use nail polish remover
Nail polish remover is another method to brighten your shoe sole. Nail polish remover works best to remove color stains from your shoe sole. So, it’s a perfect method for a shoe with a white sole. However, always remember this method would not work if your shoe sole is colored. Moreover, never clean the cloth portion of your shoe with nail polish remover.
What do you need?
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton ball
- Firstly, clean your shoe sole by using any of the above methods.
- Now, take a cotton ball
- Soak the cotton ball with nail polish remover
- Scrub the dirty sides of your sole with nail polish remover soaked cotton ball
- Take another cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover. And clean the entire shoe sole with it.
- In the end, remove the residual nail polish remover with a clean cotton ball.
How To Get Rid Of Grass Stain From The Shoe Bottom?
Have you been on the lawn with your new shoes? Then, you might have grass stains on your shoe bottom.
Now, I will tell you how to clean the bottom of shoes to look new by removing those grass stains. Here’re three simplest ways that will give you stunning results:
Use a cotton pad soaked in alcohol:
- Take a cotton pad and soak it in alcohol.
- Rub this alcohol-containing pad on your shoe bottom.
- As a result, you will get a shoe bottom free of grass stain.
Vinegar is the most effective cleanser to tackle discoloration.
- Take three to four tablespoons of vinegar on a clean cloth.
- Use the cloth dipped in vinegar to scrub on the discolored area.
- After cleansing, you can clean the shoe sole with a dry cloth to see stunning results.
Use bleach and peroxide mixture:
- Make a mixture of bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and water. To make the mixture, take two tablespoons peroxide, three tablespoons bleach, and a half cup of water.
- With the help of a brush, apply the cleaning mixture to the entire shoe bottom.
- Leave the shoe for 30 minutes after applying the mixture.
- Now, wipe off the cleaning mixture using a wet cloth.
- Repeat this process to get a new shoe.
So, I have explained how to clean the bottom of shoes to look new in a simple way. All the ingredients in the hacks mentioned above are readily available at your home. Just go to your kitchen, grab all the ingredients and get brand new shoes by applying all the hacks. I am sure nobody will recognize you have worn that shoe before.
You May Love Also