Running is a great way to stay fit and build healthy habits. While running shoes may seem boring and plain, there are a lot of factors that affect how much you will get out of them.
It’s important to know what features are included in the energy return running shoes and how to maximize your performance with them.
That’s why we have brought you a list of the best energy return running shoes in 2022. They will help you get your daily exercise routine done, causing no unnecessary strain on your joints.
What makes these shoes so great? And how can you choose the best one? We will look at it in this article.
What is Energy Return in a Running Shoe?
The energy return in a running shoe is the amount of energy that your body gets from the product. The materials used to make a running shoe are very important because they determine how much energy you get from them.
There are three major categories of materials that go into making a running shoe: synthetic, natural, and hybrid.
Synthetic materials include man-made fibers like nylon and polyester, while natural materials include leather and suede.
Some examples of hybrid materials include microfiber, which comprises nylon combined with polyester, or Vibram’s XS Edge rubber sole which combines natural rubber with its own synthetic material.
All these things affect how much energy you get from the product, so it’s important to understand what goes into making a running shoe before purchasing one for yourself or someone else as a gift.
Quick List of the Best Energy Return Running Shoes
- Overall Best Running Shoes for All Day Comfort: Skechers Men’s Sneaker
- Best Athletic Shoes for High Arches and Wide Feet: ASICS Women’s GEL-Venture 5
- Most Comfortable Running Shoes for Women: Adidas Women’s Cloudfoam
- Best Running Shoes for Walking on Road: ASICS Women’s Novablast
- Best Energy Return Slip on Running Shoes: Adidas Men’s CF Lite Racer Byd
- Best For Cross Training And Casual Wear: Skechers Men’s Memory-Foam Sneaker
- Best Shoes for Long Distance Running: Nike Men’s Competition Running Shoes
Editor’s Pick: Top 7 Best Energy Return Running Shoes
|Top Top||ASICS||4.5/5||0.63 Pounds||View on Amazon|
|Top||Skechers||4.5/5||1.3 Pounds||View on Amazon|
|Top||adidas||4.6/5||2.45 Pounds||View on Amazon|
|Top||ASICS||4.5/5||2 Pounds||View on Amazon|
|Top||adidas||4.6/5||0.63 Pounds||View on Amazon|
|Top||Nike||4.5/5||3 Pounds||View on Amazon|
Ultimate Guide to Pick the Best Energy Return Running Shoes to Maximize Your Performance
1. Skechers Men’s Energy Afterburn Lace-Up Sneaker
The Skechers Afterburn is a loafer-style shoe with a high side platform, great for wearing with jeans. The synthetic upper is lightweight and flexible, while the rubber sole offers traction and stability.
If you’re looking for the most comfortable, stylish, and durable athletic shoes on the market, look no further than the Skechers Afterburn.
These athletic shoes are made from a 100% synthetic material that is lightweight and breathable. The shoe is water-resistant, has an imported rubber sole and a 1.5-inch heel.
It includes a soft fabric shoe lining that will make you feel like you’re wearing nothing at all. These shoes will help you achieve your running goals. Afterburn is not just our name, it’s our spirit!
New Balance shoes are no joke. One of the few companies with a 100-year history, and in the process has helped to revolutionize the way people think about running and fitness. Their product is literally on fire. These are your next favorite pair of shoes.
Afterburn is the original performance shoe. It’s a lightweight, responsive foam-molded shoe with a stretch-mesh upper and a flexible, responsive outsole.
Skechers has been building performance footwear for years, but Afterburn is the first to combine form and function. This is an all-around great shoe for hikes, runs, everyday use, or anything else you can think of.
- These shoes are machine-washable, so you don’t have to worry about if they get dirty
- The shoe is made of a Super-soft rubber sole and has a 1.5″ heel height
- Shoe lining is 100% filled with soft fabric to keep your foot cozy and warm
- Made of 100% synthetic material imported from Korea
- Durable rubber sole
- Made for fashion and comfort
2. ASICS Women’s GEL-Venture 5 Running Shoe
This neutral runner provides a solid and reliable base for any workout. Every step of the GEL Cushioning System is a dream. The mesh upper is breathable and the bright overlay gives it an extra pop of personality.
The rugged rubber outsole grips onto any surface with traction to spare, and the removable soft-foam sockliner accommodates orthotics.
Performance is the cornerstone of any athletic endeavor. ASICS GEL-Venture 5 creates a suction effect in your foot with the patented GEL Cushioning System, gets you going in a smooth stride, and soaks up all the impacts.
The ASICS GEL-Venture 5 is a neutral runner with GEL cushioning to make it an ideal shoe for runners who want to improve their performance.
Featuring a wide, open mesh upper with a bold pattern in high-quality materials, the GEL-Venture 5 is ready for anything you put it through.
- 100% synthetic materials & removable insole
- Mesh upper makes it lightweight and breathable
- Trail-specific outsole with multi-surface traction
- Making it waterproof, breathable, and durable
- Ensures your orthotics will fit right in
- You can be comfortable all day for an all-around grip
- Provide great arch support
- It may not be good to run on concrete pavement
- It may have a little sizing issue. You must have to check the size carefully before order
For Men: ASICS Men’s GEL Venture 5 Running Shoe
3. Adidas Women’s The Cloudfoam Pure Running Shoe
The Adidas Cloudfoam Shoe offers a lightweight, breathable ride with a soft, cushioned feel. Crafted from textile synthetics and an imported rubber sole, the Cloudfoam Shoe offers comfort for everyday training.
Adidas Cloudfoam is an innovative textile and foam combination that provides all-day cushioning for rubber-soled shoes.
Its running shoe design fits true to size with a flexible area around the arch so you feel comfortable while you’re exercising.
The Cloudfoam in the Lightweight Cushioning System is designed to mold to your foot and keep it from cramping up. The soft, breathable fabric is great for everyday use and has a textured finish.
It is to add that this is an Adidas original shoe and has a classic, sporty look. The open-lace design lets your foot breathe and you can easily slip the shoes on and off.
The Cloudfoam midsole technology provides continuous comfort and cushioning to help absorb shock upon impact.
For a long time, running shoes hugged your foot compactly for maximum performance. But that also made them feel constricting and uncomfortable after a few miles.
The Adidas Cloudfoam Shoe is a platform running shoe that provides the cushioning you need without sacrificing your foot’s mobility or range of motion.
This shoe offers a flexible, and lightweight all-day cushioning for runners who want to go.
- These shoes are made of 100% textile, synthetic material
- The shaft measures approximately 0-6 inches from arch
- The platform measures approximately 0-3 inches
- Lace-up in a variety of gym, running, and casual styles
- The imported textile, synthetic material is soft to touch
- Stretchy to fit effortlessly on your feet
- Shoes won‘t last long if you‘re on your feet all-day
- Not the best choice of shoes for people with physically demanding jobs
For Men: Adidas Men’s Cloudfoam Ultimate Running Shoes
4. ASICS Women’s Novablast Running Shoes
The Asics Novablast Shoe is a sleek and stylish athletic sneaker that looks great in any setting.
Rely on its breathable mesh upper and FLYTEFOAM BLAST midsole foam to deliver an efficient ride, while the synthetic-and-mesh upper will keep your feet feeling fresh.
Nylon and recycled materials are used throughout to create a sustainable shoe that looks good and feels great.
Premium-quality ASICS Novablast shoes are now available at our store. The Novablast is known for its traction and comfort.
They use a combination of mesh and synthetic material for breathability, as well as FLYTEFOAM BLAST to keep you on your feet.
After testing out the newest innovation in footwear, it’s time to bring you the next big thing. Welcome to the Novablast range.
Made with synthetic and mesh materials, this shoe is lightweight and flexible. It has a breathable mesh upper that’s perfect for long-distance runs and sports a durable rubber sole with an innovative, patented midsole foam.
The Sustainable Sockliner dye is the most technologically advanced trail running shoe in the world.
- Synthetic construction of the top and toe, with an imported rubber sole
- Made in USA or Imported
- FLYTEFOAM BLAST midsole foam for an efficient ride
- The Synthetic-and-mesh upper
- Responsive ride with its highly resilient bounce
- The synthetic sock liner is sustainable with its dye
- The design is not functional as expected
- Some users claim foam cushion technology does not work
For Men: ASICS Men’s Novablast Running Shoes
5. Adidas Men’s CF Lite Racer Byd
These Adidas men’s CF Lite Race soccer cleats are crafted for both speed and agility, perfect for a game of soccer or a pickup game.
The non-toxic synthetic materials provide a lightweight, breathable feel with the durability of high-quality rubber to maintain traction and grip on firm surfaces.
The all-over color pattern and lightweight design make these cleats perfect for the casual off-duty athlete.
Who needs a heavy, bulky boot when you can have a lightweight, nimble one?
You’re going to be wearing the new Adidas Men’s CF Lite Race the whole day. The lightweight and breathable knit upper lets your feet breathe, while Adidas’ signature quick-drying properties keep your feet dry and cool all day long.
- Completed with 100% Other fibers
- A comfortable 6-12 inch shaft from arch
- Platform measures 0-3 inches, and boot opening is 0-3 inches around
- Turf-friendly super soft and breathable upper
- Provides seamless support and fits like a glove
- They have a lip on the back that helps you slip the shoe on
- The laces tighten around the upper part of the foot
- It is difficult to keep clean the white on the bottom part
- They are not good in rainy weather
6. Skechers Men’s Afterburn Memory-Foam Lace-up Sneaker
Stylish and comfortable, the Energy Lace-up Sneaker is a fashionable option that’s perfect for your everyday wear or a night out with friends.
This men’s shoe features a soft fabric shoe lining and a rubber sole that’s durable enough to handle all of your activities.
This is a must-have for those who value fashion. This newly designed lace-up sneaker with a rubber sole will keep your feet comfortable and well-protected on your feet while not compromising their look.
The soft fabric shoe lining will make you feel like you’re walking on clouds.
Now you can wear a shoe that looks good, feels good, and is good for your health. The Energy Lace-Up Sneaker uses imported rubber to reduce the amount of oil your foot absorbs when walking, which means it’s better for your heart.
You can feel comfortable and stylish in this lace-up sneaker that features soft fabric shoe lining and a 1.5-inch heel.
- Designed with the comfort of your feet in mind
- Rubber sole is perfect for everyday use
- 5 inches heel height to provide the perfect amount of elevation
- Soft fabric shoe lining to keep your feet blister-free during all-day wear
- Imported rubber sole with 1.5 inches heel to get you a versatile shoe
- Soft and resistant synthetic material to keep your feet comfortable inside the shoe
- The shoes may be less comfortable after a year
- The shoes have a heel lift, which may not be comfortable for everyone
7. Nike Men’s Competition Running Shoes
Do you need a shoe that can take on anything? Then it’s time to step into Nike Men’s Flyknit shoes. Today’s sneaker is a work of art.
Nike Men’s shoe is made with Flyknit technology that provides a lightweight, flexible, and snug fit. This 3 layer design allows for the most natural foot movements and includes a secure fit.
The Nike Men’s shoe is designed to keep you comfortable with the best technology and keep your foot secure.
Your feet are your foundation and the driving force behind any movement. Every stride counts, and if you’ve been feeling a little slower, it could be because of your breathing-related issues or a lifeless shoe.
Wear the Nike Men’s shoe today to breathe new life into your step.
- Nike React foam midsole creates a stable and smooth ride
- The improved Flyknit technology provides a stable, secure fit
- The high-foam stack height gives the user a plush, smooth ride
- Its lightweight, durability, and flexibility make it perfect for daily use
- Extremely lightweight, but with stability
- Comfort that enhances the wearer’s experience
- The shoe has only four eyelets, which makes it difficult to customize the fit
- The shoes caused heel blisters when first worn
Frequently Asked Questions
Which shoe has the most energy return?
The most energy return shoe is Nike Men’s Competition Running Shoes. It has an amazing 0.13% of your energy like the other shoes.
This is a brilliant question, and it’s something that I’ve been thinking about myself recently. The answer is not simple, but here are some reasons I think Nike Men’s competition shoes have the most energy return:
They are very popular air cushion technology gives excellent bounce-back effect -It’s a classic style, which people will like to wear.
The highly responsive cushioning system with air support makes it a perfect choice for sports. Its retro design makes it look stylish
The best energy return running shoes are a great way to get in shape, causing no pain or injury. Running is a great way to stay fit and healthy, but it can also cause some serious damage if you don’t take the proper precautions.
When choosing your running shoes, make sure that they have the appropriate level of cushioning and support so that you don’t end up hurting yourself.